Registration for this training is limited. Please submit your registration as soon as possible to guarantee your spot.
LUNCH & Light Snacks will be provided the day of the training.
Two options for registration:
Download the REGISTRATION FORM here then mail completed form & payment to
STARS Riding Center,
Sioux City, IA 51108
Click the "BUY NOW" button below to pay via PayPal. You will be redirected to a PayPal page for secure payment. Once you reach the payment confirmation page be sure to click the
"RETURN TO MERCHANT"
button to fill out the registration page.
Please contact Brooke at 712-239-5042 with any registration questions or email email@example.com!
8 CEU Hours Available for Mental Health Counselors and objectives for this training Include:
* Establish connection between equine assisted learning and mindfulness
* Explore the use of metaphor as a transformative process
* Describe the benefits of equine assisted learning on self-care and building healthy relationships with others
* Increase toolbox of coping and life skills for client and self through equine assisted learning
* Differentiate between equine assisted psychotherapy and talk therapy including research on the increased effectiveness and utilizing alternative treatments in the helping profession
* Justify the need for a deeper knowledge in alternative therapies in the helping profession. why clients need more.
* Translate experiential activities into real world awareness
* Illustrate the positive impact that using alternative therapies, such as mindfulness and equine assisted learning, can have on client retention for those in the helping field
Thursday, April 27th, 2017
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location: STARS Riding Center
33148 K-22, SIOUX CITY,
Attire: Please dress accordingly as we will be both inside and outside for portions of this training, as well as closed toe shoes!
If you have any questions about this training or registration please do not hesitate to contact the STARS office at 712-239-5042!
This Full Day Training designed for both personal interest and professional inquiry will thread mindfulness and metaphor to express the transformative power of utilizing horses in the healing process. Research has shown that horses can enhance the relationship with oneself; resulting in a deeper connection with others and the world around us. Because horses are fully present and without an agenda or judgment, they invite us to be the same, and that is where the deepest and most effective work transpires. This is what motivates our interwoven experience for this training that will blend lecture, discussion and experiential work with the horses.
Among many other benefits for both personal healing and professional use in the helping fields, horses can significantly increase relationship building/therapeutic rapport, efficiency of learning and overall self insight of the self and client. Equine Assisted Programs offer a refreshing approach to healing and transformation. Now more than ever, mindfulness is taking the lead in the helping and healing field. Bring in the use of these beautiful animals to your personal journey and watch the dynamic process of change and growth exponentially deepen. For helping professionals, Increase client retention without burnout and experience a more meaningful journey of using horses as a tool for physical, emotional and spiritual growth.
Sacred Mirror: Horses, Mindfulness, & Metaphor to Heal
Join Jackie Paulson, Licensed Mental Health Counselor & Registered Yoga Teacher alongside of Julie Dorn from the STARS program on a collaborative journey into the intimate and transformative power of the HORSE-HUMAN CONNECTION.
SPECIAL TROOPERS ADAPTIVE RIDING SCHOOL
712.239.5042 - 33148 K-22, SIOUX CITY, IOWA 51108
Providing Animal Assisted Therapies Since 1984